Need Contact Lenses?
When contact lenses may be a good option for you
- You are tired of wearing glasses all the time
- You like how you look without your glasses
- You enjoy the feeling of not having anything on your face
- You play sports: contacts do not slip off, get foggy, or break during intense athletic activities. You can also wear protective sports goggles over contacts
Children can also be fit with contact lenses!
The main factors in determining when pre-teens and teenagers can begin wearing contact lenses are motivation and responsibility. If your child is highly motivated to wear contact lenses, is responsible enough to care for them properly and follow the wearing schedule prescribed by your eye doctor, they can begin wearing contact lenses. Let’s find out if contacts are right for you child so they can start enjoying benefits like improved self-confidence now.
Types of contact lenses
- Daily disposables (these are thrown out each day): very convenient and easy to take care of, and a good choice if you have allergies
- Two week or monthly disposables
- Toric contacts that correct for astigmatism
- Bifocal or Multifocal contact lenses
- Colored contacts: Color lenses come in varying color intensities, from tints that enhance your eye color to dramatic colors that completely change your eye color.
About Sunglasses & Contacts
It is important to wear non-prescription sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Wearing contact lenses opens the door to a wide variety of fashionable sunglasses!
How to get fit for contacts
The initial step in achieving a successful fit is a comprehensive eye exam. This allows the doctor to thoroughly evaluate the health of your eyes and have you try different brands to see what provides the best fit, comfort, and vision for you.
Remember that back up glasses are needed as your eyes do need a break from the contacts, and should you ever get an eye infection, you will need to stay off of contact lenses until your eyes heal.
Rebates for contact lenses are available for most brands. Ask about your rebate options once you have been fit!